5/25/2011

First Konad

Sorry for the delay in my posting, as I was out of town. I was able to go to my uncle's funeral, which made me feel a lot better. So glad I could be there for my family. Since I was up in Cleveland, home of Zoya, there's no way I could come home without some new polishes.

Here's my new pretties, Stacy, Laney, and Julieanne.

Also, right before I left town, my Konad stuff came in! So first thing I did when I got home was try it out! (If you haven't heard of Konad, I'm sure most of you have, I recommend searching on YouTube to see how it works.) I did have a little trouble getting the whole image on the stamper with dark lines, and no little breaks in the design. So they're not totally perfect. I think I'll try just stamping straight down to pick up the design next time, instead of using the rolling method like I did.

For this mani, I started with Zoya Laney as the base. Laney is the PERFECT silver in my opinion. Shiny but not overwhelmingly metallic. Also, I only needed two coats, even though it looks pretty light and thin in the bottle. Then I used my black Konad polish with the loopy pattern on plate M63, and of course a topcoat of Seche Vite.



I think it turned out great for a first try, even though there are some breaks in the design, it's really not that noticable in a glance. I thought it would take awhile for me to get used to stamping with my left hand, but it was really easy! I can honestly say for once that I'm as proud of my right hand as I am of my left! :)

Also, needed a change on my toes. I used Julieanne, a gorgeous dark sparkly purple. I don't have any purples this dark, so it was definately a great addition to my stash.

I'm also getting close to my Disney trip, so look forward to some more Hidden Mickey mani's!

No comments: